The Insurance and Reinsurance sector expects to achieve even greater growth, especially with the recent changes, such as the segregation of the market into large risk and mass insurance, the segmentation of supervised companies according to their size, the creation of lnsurtechs, Open Insurance, data protection requirements, as well as new types of investments involving greater interaction with capital markets.
Our Insurance and Reinsurance practice focuses on providing legal assistance to companies supervised by the Superintendence of Private Insurance (SUSEP), such as (re)insurers and (re)insurance brokers, both in regulatory consulting and in judicial and administrative litigation. Additionally, TozziniFreire provides legal advice to insureds concerning insurance matters, and assists, in a comprehensive manner, financial institutions, retailers, and marketplaces, among other companies as commercial partners of insurers for the distribution of insurance products.
TozziniFreire’s Insurance and Reinsurance sector group works in an integrated manner with the Private Pension and the Brazilian National Supplementary Health Agency (ANS) teams, and in a multidisciplinary approach along with all areas of the firm.
Our services encompass:
- Legal opinions regarding SUSEP rules;
- Structuring operations and drafting strategic contracts involving insurers, such as insurance representation contracts and bancassurance;
- Judicial litigation, SUSEP administrative litigation, and arbitration;
- Corporate and regulatory aspects of M&A transactions;
- Regulatory adequacy to SUSEP rules, including governance, compliance, money laundering, and cybersecurity, among others;
- Contract wordings;
- Drafting and review of reinsurance agreements;
- Review of counter-guarantee contracts (CCG) for the issuance of the guarantee insurance policies, in accordance with the new bidding law and legal landmark of sanitation;
- Claims adjustment, among others.
Led by partner Bárbara Bassani, our Insurance and Reinsurance practice features a team of highly skilled professionals, with deep knowledge of the Insurance and Reinsurance sector and wide experience in the area.
TozziniFreire’s Insurance and Reinsurance sector group is recognized by relevant international legal guides, such as The Legal 500, Latin Lawyer 250, and Análise Advocacia 500.