TozziniFreire’s Aerospace and Defense group is comprised of a highly-specialized multidisciplinary team with unique and proven experience, prepared to advise domestic and foreign companies on all stages of a project in these sectors. They conduct their activities through cutting-edge technological infrastructure and protocols to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information.
Among the main services provided are:
- Regulatory framework analysis.
- Preparatory procedure for procurement (international cooperation agreement, RFI / RFC, direct contracting, etc.) and preparation of proposals.
- Contract negotiation and management of contract performance with the armed forces, including milestone rescheduling and rebalance of the economic-financial equation.
- Negotiation and management of private and subcontracting contracts.
- Advising on the legal structuring of the Offset Agreements.
- Advising on technology transfer issues and intellectual property.
- Legal structuring of import logistics and export of goods and inputs.
- Monitoring conditions precedent for contract signing or effectiveness.
- Advising on laws related to access to public information and industry standards and confidentiality practices.
- Advising on defense strategies and monitoring investigative proceedings by controlling entities (Public Prosecution Office, General Comptroller's Office, and Courts of Audits).
- Assistance to companies for qualifying as strategic defense companies (known as EEDs).
- Assistance for qualifying products as "strategic defense products" (known as PEDs).
- Assistance in qualifying for special tax regimes.
- Decommissioning and closure of the implementation of governmental and private contracts.
- Legal advice on general finance, including transactions with government agencies and development, export, and multilateral institutions.
- Legal advice on M&A.
- Advising on issues of Compliance and Anti-Corruption Law.
- Legal assistance with the Ministry of Defense, the Department of Civil Aviation - SAC, the National Civil Aviation Agency - ANAC, the Brazilian Aeronautical Registry - RAB, and the Brazilian Airport Infrastructure Company S.A. - INFRAERO.
- Structuring and negotiating contracts involving aircraft, engines, and equipment.
- Legal advice on capital market transactions.
Our Defense and Aerospace practice is highlighted in Chambers Global and Chambers Latin America in several editions of the guides. We are among the best Latin American law firms according to IFLR1000. TozziniFreire won the Global Legal Awards 2016 with the first EETC deal in Latin America and also the Latin Finance Deals of the Year 2015.