In 2017, TozziniFreire joined the Brazilian LGBT Business and Rights Forum and signed the ten commitments that guide the firm’s policies on the theme. Such responsibilities involve, for example, promoting equal opportunities and treatment for all, as well as equality in professional development; engaging partners and employees in the planning of LGBT-oriented initiatives; and encouraging the creation of LGBT affinity groups.
Committed to provide a more inclusive working environment and to discuss affirmative policies and practices, the firm launched on June 1, 2017, the TFAffinity program, which promotes the values and rights of LGBT people (lesbian, gay, bisexual, cross-dresses, transsexual and transgender), inside and outside the organization. The program includes activities such as organizing specific mentoring sessions, encouraging the firm to participate in related debates and conducting frequent discussion groups.
The program's evolution
With a view to advocating for the rights of a wider group of people of different gender identities and sexual orientations, the program has evolved and is now called TFAffinity LGBT⁺⁺. In addition to lesbian, gay, bisexual, cross-dresser, transgender and transsexual, the enterprise is now bringing up for discussion the rights of queer, intersex, and asexual, among others.
About the Brazilian LGBT Business and Rights Forum
Created in March 2013, the Forum is an informal organization that gathers large companies together by the commitment to respect sexual diversity and gender identity, as well as promote LGBT rights. Learn more at www.forumempresaslgbt.com
The 10 Commitments to Promote LGBT Rights:
1. Committing – both Board of Directors and executives – to the respect and promotion of LGBT rights;
2. Promoting equal opportunities and fair treatment for LGBT people;
3. Promoting a respectful, safe and healthy working environment for LGBT people;
4. Raising awareness and educating the staff about LGBT rights;
5. Encouraging and supporting the creation of LGBT affinity groups;
6. Promoting the respect for LGBT rights within the communication and marketing functions;
7. Promoting the respect for LGBT rights in product planning and customer service;
8. Promoting initiatives devoted to the professional development of LGBT people;
9. Promoting the economic and social development of LGBT people throughout the value chain;
10. Promoting and supporting actions on behalf of LGBT rights in the community.